The main function of the shock absorber (shock absorber) is to absorb the vibration and bounce caused by the wheel encountering uneven roads, so that the riding comfort is significantly improved. Everyone should experience the car passing every time during the driving. When the road surface is potholes, there will be undulating bouncing. Due to the intervention of the shock absorber, the excess bouncing is suppressed to a certain range. If the shock absorber fails, not only the vibration and noise will increase, but also cause Bumps and discomfort.China qili Universal Rear Shock Absorber Suspension
How about the necessary inspection and replacement of the shock absorber? Let me introduce you slowly.
What is the bad performance when the shock absorber is damaged?
1. Every time you cross potholes and undulating roads, the bouncing of the aftermath of the car body increases, and the sound of metal collision is heard from the front of the car from time to time.
2. When the car is cornering, the vibration of the springs up and down is too large, which causes the tire grip and tracking performance to deteriorate, which often leads to lack of confidence in cornering.
3 Sometimes you hear a "click, click, click" sound from the head of the car, and the number of vibrations of the car increases. It feels that the car has no cushioning and poor comfort.
4. Due to the weakening or loss of the ability to absorb after vibration, the vehicle is prone to alarm and barking when the vehicle is slightly vibrated in a static state.
Judgment method of shock absorber failure and damage:
1. The method of judging the reliability of the vehicle's rear shock absorber: Put the car on a flat place, press down the trunk with your hands (this is also done when the trunk lid of a tall SUV is open) and then loosen it. The vehicle is maintained for 2-3 times Stopping after the jump rebound is considered normal.
2. Judgment method for the rear shock absorber of the vehicle: Put the car on a flat place, press the bumper hard (pressing the front part of the car is also OK), and then release it. If the car rebounds 2 or 3 times, it means shock absorption The device is working well.
3 Suddenly brake suddenly when driving at a low speed. If you find that the car shakes a lot and the human body feels uncomfortable, then the shock absorber may be damaged.
4. The car stops after driving for about 10km on the road with poor road conditions, and touches the shock absorber shell with your hands. If you feel that the shell temperature does not have a certain amount of heat or is always cold, it means that there is no resistance inside the shock absorber and the shock absorber The device is not working properly.
5. Lift the vehicle or drive the wheels, check the appearance of the shock absorber, if there is obvious oil stains (usually more than 1/2 of the total length), it is recommended to replace it.
6. Open the dust cover of the shock absorber. If you see damage to the rubber sleeve of the buffer block, in most cases the shock absorber has also been severely impacted and damaged or affected badly.
7. Inspection after disassembly
When the shock absorber is in a relaxed state, push and pull the shock absorber tappet 5-8 times by hand; the shock absorber can automatically extend at the end, and judge the damping force of the shock absorber with the last 2-3 push and pull feelings. If there is a proper auxiliary force and can extend naturally at the end, it indicates that the shock absorber is normal.
The necessary tools to replace the shock absorber:
1. Ratchet socket wrench. Torx spanner also works.
2. Afterburner casing can be replaced by galvanized water pipe.
3. Shock-absorbing spring compression tool.
4. On-board tools.
Now enter the comprehensive disassembly and assembly process (take the front suspension shock absorber as an example):
1. Remove the car tires and use the tool "pipe head" to loosen the car wheel nut. The nut is still attached to the bolt and should not be removed. After supporting the front wheel of the car, remove the wheel nut. Hold up the car and loosen the nut. Since the wheel can easily turn, the nut will not be removed.
2. Remove the shock absorber:
① After the tire is removed, we can see that a lot of nuts and bolts are installed on the shock absorber. First, remove the fixing nut of the brake hose.
② The next step is to disassemble the two bolts at the lower end of the shock absorber. Use an open wrench or socket wrench to cover the outer hexagon head of the bolt and the other end to cover the nut. These two bolts require greater strength and are used for single operation. The afterburner casing can be easily disassembled.
③ Remove the fixing nut that is connected to the lower stabilizer bar (lower stabilizer ball head) on the top of the shock absorber.
④ Open the car head cover and remove the three fixing nuts on the top of the shock absorber tower. You can use openings and sleeve wrenches. As long as it fits, there is no problem. This nut is only for positioning. The outer diameter of the nut is generally only 13-14MM.
⑤Remove the shock absorber from the front suspension. At this time, we can check the wear of the ball head of the balance bar by the way. Normally, the ball head has no gap, and there is a certain amount of damping when rotating in all directions, but the rotation is flexible. No lag.
⑥Tighten and compress the shock absorber spring with a special tool for shock absorber spring compression. When the shock absorber spring is compressed in place, when the dust cover is loosened, we see the buffer block ring sleeved on the telescopic tappet. It has been completely damaged and scattered all over the place.
⑦ When disassembling the upper seat of the shock absorber spring, it is found that the upper spring seat has been rotating. At this time, we can use copper wire or iron wire to bundle the shock absorber spring together, so that it is convenient to fix the end of the shock absorber telescopic tappet. Remove the nut.
⑧ After disassembling the bearing end cover of the upper end of the shock absorber, carefully check the wear and lubrication of the bearing. If necessary, apply lubricating grease or replace it.
⑨ Further check the damage of the shock absorber, and once again confirm that the shock absorber telescopic tappet has no normal elasticity. It can be seen in the figure that the old shock absorber telescopic tappet can no longer pop up normally.
3. Installation of shock absorber:
If it can be disassembled, the difficulty of installation will be greatly reduced, but the following aspects should be paid attention to:
① Note that the installation of the dust cover is at the center of the shock absorber's telescopic tappet,
② The upper end cover of the shock absorber spring has a fixed bayonet, and the nut must be aligned with the bayonet to tighten the nut.
③ To install the shock absorber, the rubber sleeve of the buffer block must be inserted into the shock absorber telescopic tappet before installing the spring. Rework is a very troublesome thing.
④Check whether the newly purchased shock absorber is normal. When we loosen the metal buckle of the new shock absorber, the tappet will slowly extend, and it will pop out naturally after pressing it in by hand for a while.
⑤ After installing the decompression spring and finally installing the shock absorber on the suspension, it is found that the ball head of the lower balance bar cannot be easily installed. At this time, as long as the balance bar is pressed down with a crowbar, the ball head screws can be easily Insert the shock absorber screw hole.
⑥ After resetting and tightening all the nuts and bolts of the shock absorber, the tire is finally installed back to its original position.