As we all know, shock absorber is an important device of motorcycle. The function of motorcycle shock absorber is to alleviate and attenuate the impact and vibration of motorcycle during driving, and ensure the smoothness and comfort of driving, which is beneficial to improve the motorcycle. The service life and handling stability of the car are equipped with shock absorber devices on motorcycles. The following article analyzes the classification and selection of motorcycle shock absorbers for the reference of the majority of motorcycle users and car fans.
Classification of shock absorbers:
There are many types of Mo Ruochen shock absorbers. The vast majority of motorcycles use cylindrical shock absorbers. Only a few of them use leaf spring structure. There are many types and varieties of cylindrical shock absorbers. Generally speaking, they are classified according to the installation position. Shock absorber and rear shock absorber.
(1) According to the direction of attenuation force: there are single-acting shock absorbers and two-way acting shock absorbers.
(2) According to the load adjustment type: there are spring initial pressure adjustment type, gas spring type, installation angle adjustment type.
(3) According to the structure: there are telescopic tube type front* hydraulic shock absorber (this is the most used front shock absorber in motorcycles at present), rocker type shock absorber, rocker lever vertical center shock absorber , Rocker lever tilt type central shock absorber.
(4) According to the working position of the cylinder: there are inverted shock absorbers (that is, the cylinder position is above, the piston rod is below), and the upright shock absorber (the cylinder position is below, and the piston rod is above).
(5) According to the working medium: there are spring-type shock absorbers, spring-air damping shock absorbers (due to the limited damping force of air, the shock absorption effect is not ideal, generally only used for mopeds with low speed Used as rear shock absorber), hydraulic damping shock absorber, oil-gas combined front* shock absorber, nitrogen filled hydraulic shock absorber.
Telescopic tube type front* hydraulic shock absorber:
(1) The telescopic front* is connected with the front wheel and the frame. It not only serves as a part of the frame support, but also acts as a shock absorber. With the mutual expansion and contraction between the handle tube and the casing, the oil in the front tube flows through the small holes provided in the partition wall.
(2) When the handle tube is compressed, with the movement of the handle tube, the oil in the B chamber flows to the C chamber through the small hole on the handle tube after being compressed.
(3) At the same time, it flows to room A through the free valve. When the oil flows, the resistance attenuates the compressive force.
(4) When the compression stroke is approaching the limit, the tapered oil seal at the end of the handle tube will be inserted, thereby closing the oil passage in the B chamber.
(5) At this time, the oil pressure in chamber B rises sharply, making it in a closed state, which limits the stroke of the handle tube and effectively prevents instantaneous mechanical collisions between the movable parts on the front.
(6) When the handle tube stretches (ie rebounds), the oil in the A chamber flows to the C chamber through the small hole located on the upper part of the front piston (near the piston ring).
(7) At this time, the resistance to the oil flow attenuates the tension.
(8) When the extension stroke reaches the limit, the extension of the rebound spring absorbs the vibration energy, and in this process, the oil is replenished to the B chamber through the small hole in the lower part of the front * piston, ready for the next work Prepare.